A Principal and Consulting Actuary in our Barbados office, Tricia joined Eckler in 2007. She provides pension and benefits consulting to a wide portfolio of clients ranging from larger employers and trustee banks throughout Barbados, Trinidad & Tobago, Guyana and the Eastern Caribbean.
Tricia is primarily responsible for providing funding advice, both in the form of initial actuarial costings and triennial actuarial valuations of pension plans as well as calculating members’ routine benefits in pension plans on retirement, withdrawal, and death. Her other areas of expertise include calculating the pension costs and pension plans’ disclosure in corporate financial statements according to a variety of standards (IAS, FAS, IFRS for SMEs).
An open island scholarship winner (Awarded the Government of Trinidad and Tobago Open National Scholarship for Modern Studies), Tricia is a graduate of the University of Waterloo with an honours degree in actuarial science with a minor in economics. She is also a Fellow of the Society of Actuaries.
Before joining Eckler, Tricia worked for two actuarial consulting firms in Trinidad.
Areas of Expertise
- Financial accounting (IAS, FAS, IFRS for SMEs)
- Review of prepared financial statements for pension plans
- Peer review and review of actuarial valuations
- Benefit calculations
- Plan design
- Strategic investment advice (setting and drafting statement of investment policy)
- Graduate from Waterloo with an honours degree in actuarial science with a minor in economics
- Fellow of the Society of Actuaries
- Member of the Caribbean Actuarial Association (CAA)
- Serves as a member of the Caribbean Actuarial Association’s Pension Committee
When not working hard for clients, Tricia balances her busy professional career with her other favourite job, being a mother to two very active young boys.