Based out of Fredericton, New Brunswick, Thane joined Eckler’s Atlantic consulting team in November 2022 to help build on our strong East Coast market presence.
Thane has 25 years of experience in actuarial consulting, with expertise in workers’ compensation programs. He has worked with most territorial/provincial WCBs in Canada along with various provincial governments over his career. Recognized within the workers’ compensation industry for his expertise, Thane has been the lead on several funding sustainability reviews, pricing re-designs, and an advisor to various Cabinets, Review Panels and Boards of Directors on WCB legislative changes.
Prior to joining Eckler, Thane was the Managing Partner in Atlantic Canada for another large consulting firm. In this role, he managed approximately 90 employees spanning various service offerings such as pension and investment consulting, pension administration and workers’ compensation consulting.
Thane holds a Mathematics degree from Dalhousie University, along with a diploma in Actuarial Science from the University of Waterloo. He is a Fellow of both the Society of Actuaries (SOA) and the Canadian Institute of Actuaries (CIA).
Areas of Expertise
- Employee benefits
- Long term disability
- Workers’ compensation
- Funding sustainability
- Rate setting
- University of Waterloo, Diploma, Actuarial Science
- Dalhousie University, Bachelor of Applied Science (BASc), Mathematics
- Fellow of the Canadian Institute of Actuaries (FCIA)
- Fellow of the Society of Actuaries (FSA)
- Serves as a Council Member for the Canadian Pension and Benefits Institute (CPBI) Atlantic Region
- Serves as a Member of the Ontario WSIB’s Actuarial Advisory Committee
- Former member of the Workers’ Compensation Committee of the Canadian Institute of Actuaries
A proud father of three kids, Thane and his wife Sara are active members of the local Fredericton community. In his spare time, Thane is involved with coaching youth sports in the area. Over the years, he has been involved in coaching youth teams for minor hockey, football, and volleyball.