An Eckler Principal, Maxime is responsible for the public and para-public sector pension practice in Montreal. He has more than 15 years of experience consulting to pension plans sponsored by municipal organizations. He is a trusted adviser to many joint pension committees.
Maxime has extensive experience in pension plan consulting and administration, particularly in the areas of funding, accounting for employee future benefits, spin-offs/mergers, governance, and risk management.
Having been called upon to work closely with plan sponsors, employee associations and multiple stakeholders in the field, he has developed an enviable reputation over the years.
In addition to his extensive technical expertise, Maxime is known for his proximity and dedication to his clients, his professionalism and as an excellent public speaker.
Areas of Expertise
- Pension plan design, amendment, spin-off and merger
- Funding policies and risk management
- Coaching and training for pension committee members and members
- Investment monitoring and optimization
- Actuarial funding valuations and periodic monitoring of the financial situation
- Experience and longevity studies
- Financial reports and monitoring of separate accounts
- Accounting for employee future benefits
- Benefit administration
- Member communications and change management
- Joint pension committees
- Target benefit pension plans
- Municipal sector pension plans
- Laval University – Bachelor of Actuarial Science
- Fellow of the Canadian Institute of Actuaries (FCIA)
- Fellow of the Society of Actuaries (FSA)
- Member of the Gestionnaires en Ressources Humaines des Municipalités du Québec (GRHMQ)
- Member of the Association de la Retraite et Avantages Sociaux du Québec (ARASQ)