Built on a foundation of professional excellence, our key focus is to help our clients achieve their financial goals by providing them with objective and practical solutions and expert advice on a timely basis.
Our property & casualty practice is based in our Toronto, Montréal and Barbados offices. Our clients are property & casualty insurers, reinsurers and captives, professional associations, banks and trust companies, regulators, auditors and public institutions across Canada and the Caribbean.
Our property & casualty consulting team encompasses diverse backgrounds and experience, together providing a broad range of insurance expertise, and fluency in English, French and Spanish. Most of our senior consultants are long time Eckler employees, a reflection of our close working relationships and our shared commitment to our clients. The depth and experience of our team is without parallel in the Canadian and Caribbean markets, and is available to support the work we do for each of our clients.
Consistent with Eckler’s tradition of leadership in the actuarial profession, our team members are active participants in the professional committee work of the Canadian Institute of Actuaries and the Caribbean Actuarial Association. We believe that the special insights we gain through these activities help us to provide our clients with informed, expert and timely advice.
Our property & casualty consulting services include:
- Valuation of policy liabilities and related financial reporting
- Dynamic Capital Adequacy Testing and financial condition reporting
- Statutory Appointed Actuary services
- Economic Capital Modeling / Capital management
- Own Risk and Solvency Assessment
- Assistance in complying with regulatory guidelines
- Product development and pricing / Competitive rating analysis
- Predictive analytics in support of marketing, underwriting and pricing initiatives
- Preparation and defence of auto insurance regulatory filings
- Mergers and acquisitions / Start-ups
- Management of portfolios in runoff
- Expert witness testimony
- Independent peer review
For more information contact: