A Principal in Eckler’s Winnipeg office, Simon joined Eckler in 2016. He is a seasoned actuary and investment consultant, with extensive experience consulting on registered and executive pension plans in both the public and private sectors across multiple jurisdictions. Simon also leads Eckler’s Mergers and Acquisitions Support practice.
Simon’s consulting services include pension plan risk management, financial reporting, funding, design, and sustainability for clients. He has considerable experience coordinating large and diverse teams across several offices to deliver high-quality work on behalf of clients.
A member of Council for CPBI Manitoba, Simon is a regular presenter at CPBI sessions. He is the Public Awareness Chair for the CFA Winnipeg Society and an advisory member of the investment committee for Red River College endowment fund. Simon is also a member of the Advisory Board to the Warren Chair and the University of Manitoba’s actuarial program.
Simon holds a Bachelor of Actuarial Science degree from Laval University and is a Fellow of both the Society of Actuaries and the Canadian Institute of Actuaries. He is also a CFA Charterholder.
Before Eckler, Simon spent 14 years at a major international consulting firm where he led both the Manitoba office and the retirement line of business in the province.
Areas of Expertise
- Annuity purchase
- Defined benefit pension plan valuation, financial reporting, risk management, design
- Investment consulting
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Pension administration
- Pension governance
- Retirement issues
- Supplemental executive retirement programs (SERPs)
- Sustainability in pension plans
- Bachelor of Actuarial Science degree from Laval University
- Fellow of the Canadian Institute of Actuaries (FCIA)
- Fellow of the Society of Actuaries (FSA)
- CFA Charterholder
- Currently serving on Council for CPBI Manitoba
- Currently serving as Public Awareness Chair for the CFA Winnipeg Society
- Advisory member of the investment committee for Red River College endowment fund
- Advisory member to the Warren Chair and the University of Manitoba’s actuarial program
Simon is a regular speaker and contributor to industry events and publications. Here’s a sampling
Finance and Stress: Can Plan Sponsors and Administrators ease the pain?
Scheduled speaker: Special ACPM National Session – November 14, 2019
Sounding Board: How will Canadians stretch their retirement savings to age 100?
Benefits Canada – May 2019
Millennials need to boost their savings discipline
Save with SPP – June 2019