Lisa is a consulting actuary and Principal based in Eckler’s Barbados office where she leads its actuarial practice. She joined the firm’s Board of Directors in 2021.
She has been consulting to a wide range of clients since joining the Barbados office in 1999. At Eckler, her work is focused on the employee benefits practice and she advises public and private sector clients in the Caribbean. Her areas of expertise include actuarial valuations, post employment accounting, plan design and implementation for defined benefit and defined contribution pension plans and regulatory compliance.
Lisa is an active member of the actuarial profession having served as president of the Caribbean Actuarial Association. She is currently its representative on the Council of the International Actuarial Association (IAA). She was appointed to IAA’s Executive Committee in 2021. She also serves as a member of IAA’s Actuarial Standards Committee which is responsible for setting the actuarial standards for the global actuarial profession.
Areas of Expertise
- Design of defined benefit and defined contribution pension plans for the public and private sector
- Valuation of pension plans
- Public sector pension plans – forecasting long term sustainability
- Wind-up of pension plans – general advice, valuation, regulatory filings and member communications
- Preparation of plan documents such as trust deeds, plan rules, employee booklets and statements of investment policies
- Pension plan presentations to boards of trustees, boards of directors, members and other interested parties
- Regulatory compliance for pension plans in the Caribbean
- Post-employment accounting
- Bachelor of Science in Business, Economic and Social Statistics with First Class Honors – University of the West Indies, Mona
- Master of Science in Actuarial Science, Heriot-Watt University – Edinburgh, United Kingdom
- Fellow of the Faculty of Actuaries (FFA)
- Fellow of the Society of Actuaries (FSA)
- Served as President of the Caribbean Actuarial Association (CAA)
- Serves as a Member of CAA’s Pension Committee
- Serves as a Member of IAA’s Actuarial Standards Committee