A Principal and consulting actuary in our pension and benefits practice in Toronto, Jeff joined Eckler in 2007. Specializing in multi-employer pension plans (MEPPs), Jeff consults to a number of large MEPP clients, extensively working on funding and solvency valuations, plan design, sustainability analysis, plan mergers, negotiations and administration. For several clients, Jeff provides trustee education and presents at plan membership meetings.
Active in the profession, Jeff has developed content for examinations for the Society of Actuaries and has participated on actuarial examination and education committees. He also works with university program coordinators to provide industry insight and enhance program offerings. Jeff frequently shares his experience with aspiring actuaries and has played a key role in recruiting new hires at Eckler.
Jeff graduated from Western University with an Honours Bachelor of Science degree in Actuarial Science. He became a Fellow of the Society of Actuaries (FSA) and the Canadian Institute of Actuaries (FCIA) in 2012.
Areas of Expertise
- Multi-employer pension plans
- Target benefit plans
- Defined benefit pension plan actuarial valuation
- Pension plan administration
- Pension plan mergers
- Pension plan design
- Pension plan funding
- Regulatory compliance
- Risk management
- Trustee education
- Member communications
- Member education
- Longevity analytics
- Western University – Honours Bachelor of Science in Actuarial Science
- Fellow of the Canadian Institute of Actuaries (FCIA)
- Fellow of the Society of Actuaries (FSA)
- Serves as a Member of the University of Waterloo Master of Actuarial Science Advisory Board
- Served on the Education and Examination Committee of the Society of Actuaries