Investments across generations
2019 Federal Budget
Special Notice – March 20, 2019
The 2019 Federal Budget, Investing in the Middle Class (Budget), was tabled by Finance Minister Bill Morneau on March 19, 2019. Key announcements of interest to employers and benefits plan sponsors, include:
- Increased retirement security and flexibility for Canadian workers;
- Changes to improve participation in the Canada Pension Plan;
- Continued progress towards a national pharmacare strategy;
- Measures to address major health care challenges;
- Changes to tax measures affecting health care;
- Increased support for persons with disabilities; and
- Other measures related to privacy, parental leave and employee stock options.
This Special Notice provides a summary of key Budget measures and their impact on employers and plan sponsors.