At Eckler, we know it’s our people who make us great at what we do. Eckler is a consulting firm with over 300 employees that specializes in actuarial services. Our Technology Practice is 14-person development team that builds leading-edge solutions for both our clients and Eckler’s other practices. These solutions range from modelling tools to large, complex data administration systems.
We are looking for an experienced software architect with expertise in the Microsoft stack, including .NET and Azure. The successful candidate will be self-motivated, dedicated, and passionate about technology – someone who will feel at home on our team of hard-working (and fun-loving!) professional problem solvers.
- Define and establish technical architecture for new software projects
- Manage and update architecture for existing projects, including maintenance of required security protocols
- Troubleshoot performance issues and system errors unrelated to business logic
- Collaborate with a team of four senior technical and business domain experts
- Provide technical leadership and support to a team of ten programmers, including code reviews for updates unrelated to business logic
- Coordinate, as required, with corporate IT and security experts
- Participate in project management, including daily attendance at scrum meetings and ensuring JIRA tasks are kept up to date
- Follow QA processes and document work as required
- Post-secondary education in computer science or related field
- 10+ years of work experience
- Significant experience in Azure hosting and development environments
- Substantial experience in Visual Studio development environment
- Fluent in C# and expert knowledge of .NET
- Expertise in MS-SQL, stored procedures, and database design
- Experience with technologies including Angular, Web API, JWT
- Understanding of design patterns and frameworks, such as MVC and Entity Framework
- Understanding of modern web conventions, including CSS, HTML5, and responsive design
- Willingness to quickly investigate and learn new technologies
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Desire to understand our business and the pension and benefits issues that give rise to our work
- Application development experience in the pension industry, including: administration systems, member-facing web sites, and modelling tools
- Knowledge of GraphQL
- Experience with Git
- Experience with JIRA
- A background in actuarial science, whether through education or work exposure
At Eckler, we value diversity of all types. Our organization is made up of smart, collaborative and thoughtful people with a wide range of backgrounds, skills and experiences. We are committed to an inclusive, diverse and accessible workplace and encourages all interested applicants to submit a cover letter and resume for consideration. Persons with disabilities who need accommodation in the application process or those needing job postings in an alternative format may e-mail a request to email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for the short list will be contacted.