At Eckler Ltd., we know it’s our people who make us great at what we do. We’re looking for a smart, experienced, and hardworking pension and benefits writer to join our fast-paced Communication team.
The writer is responsible for drafting plain language, compelling content for a variety of media – including but not limited to print materials (newsletters, updates, booklets, brochures, statements), presentations, web sites, online tools (calculators, enrolment tools, apps), webinars, social media (Facebook, Twitter), podcasts and videos.
As a member of our team, the successful candidate will:
- Write content on a range of pension and benefit-related topics
- Verify the factual content of written work
- Create and edit documents using MS suite of applications (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, SharePoint) and other online applications
- Edit and proofread deliverables
- Rewrite and adapt materials for alternative formats (i.e., adapting booklets for web content)
- Self-edit work before passing it on for peer review
- Check layouts for format, visual appeal, and accuracy
- Ensure all materials receive appropriate editorial and technical peer review before being sent to clients
- Participate in the development of materials for employee/plan member research initiatives (e.g., surveys, executive interviews, focus groups)
The ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced work environment, can shift between priorities with agility, and possesses the following attributes:
- This position requires a communicator with 5 to 10 years of experience
- College or university degree in Communication, English or Journalism (or relevant experience)
- Experience with HR communication and/or pension/benefits writing
- Excellent writing skills
- Strong editing and proofing skills, including solid understanding of spelling and grammar
- Proficiency with the entire Microsoft suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Experience tailoring writing styles and content to match the needs of specific target audiences
- Willingness to continually learn about pensions and benefits and stay current with industry trends/developments
- Self-starter who “owns” tasks and sees them through to completion
- Ability to meet deadlines and adjust priorities quickly
- Ability to work effectively and collegially with a range of stakeholders and teams (colleagues, other internal resources, clients, vendors, etc.)
Other welcome assets include:
- Prior work with insurance companies/financial institutions/HR consulting firms/other professional services firms
- Understand basic writing principles and “plain language” writing
- Know editing and proofing fundamentals (spelling, grammar, etc.)
- Proficiency in French
Interested individuals should submit a cover letter and resume.
We thank all applicants who respond, but only those selected to move to the next step in our hiring process will be contacted.
Eckler Ltd. is committed to an inclusive, diverse and accessible workplace and encourages all interested applicants to submit a cover letter and resume for consideration. Persons with disabilities who need accommodation in the application process or those needing job postings in an alternative format may e-mail a request to email@example.com