Our Toronto office is seeking a Quality Assurance (QA) Lead to work within our dedicated software development team.
Eckler’s Technology team builds innovative software for our pension and benefits clients – from beautiful member websites and modelling tools to full-blown administration systems – within a dynamic consulting environment. Given the “mission-critical” nature of many of our systems, providing trusted products and services is a must. Quality Assurance and Control of all aspects of our client solutions (including the user interface, business logic, and data) is essential.
You will be responsible for developing and executing project testing plans to help validate and verify the quality of customer-facing and in-house products and applications, many of which involve sensitive personal information.
You will work closely with project teams to understand the requirements and technologies. From there, you will recommend, develop, and implement both manual and automated testing procedures that ensure a high level of accuracy.
Working with project managers, you will develop test plans and artifacts for projects and determine the scope, schedule and sequence of test activities for integration into project plans.
What you will be doing
You will help prepare test data and test environments, and prioritize, assign and track QA work to ensure quality standards and project timelines are met. You’ll improve efficiency by developing automated testing solutions using industry tools where possible.
Your daily activities will include:
- Reviewing requirements
- Determining testing scope
- Developing an effective test strategy/approach
- Providing estimates on QA resourcing and timelines for various projects
- Communicating the QA test approach, test cases, results, status, issues and risks with business and project stakeholders
Who you are
We are looking for a high performing individual who is innovative, creative and able to take initiative to develop, launch and manage QA procedures and processes. You’re a problem solver who can analyze and prioritize to meet business objectives. You are a strong communicator who can work with various stakeholders to ensure the highest standards of quality are met.
You have 5+ years of experience as a QA analyst with a variety of business applications and 2+ years of experience as QA Lead. During that time, you’ve developed your knowledge and skills of QA methodologies and best practices. You’re able to use your experience with QA tools & utilities to efficiently manage testing and quality control.
What we offer:
- A variety of work projects and experiences
- The opportunity to learn and grow our business
- Competitive compensation in terms of salary and bonus (commensurate with experience level)
- Employee benefits (health, dental, wellness subsidy) and pension plan
- A modern, comfortable work environment (good chairs, good coffee, “dress for your day” dress code)
- A close-knit team of friendly, easy-going software development professionals
- Flexible work hours
- Office location on the Yonge subway line
We encourage interested applicants to submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Eckler Ltd. is committed to an inclusive, diverse and accessible workplace and encourages all interested applicants to submit a cover letter and resume for consideration.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for the shortlist will be contacted.