At Eckler, we know it’s our people who make us great at what we do. We’re looking for a Legal Counsel to join our growing legal team in Canada.
What you’ll do as a Legal Counsel:
- Support Eckler’s General Counsel and Corporate Secretary on a variety of critical high-profile projects
- Work on a variety of commercial agreements ranging from (i) non-disclosure agreements (ii) contracts with Eckler’s clients and (iii) contracts with suppliers of goods and services to Eckler
- Manage the enterprise compliance program including maintaining corporate filings
- Provide the Board, leadership committees and business units corporate governance support
- Support the Information Technology and Security group on cybersecurity, privacy and data security matters
- Support consultants on proposals, particularly RFPs and contracting with prospective clients
- Conduct legal research and prepare memos regarding updates affecting the company
What you offer:
- A law degree with 2-5 years of relevant legal experience
- Self-motivated with a desire to work both independently and in a collegial team environment
- Proven ability to resolve complex problems with practical and efficient solutions
- Demonstrated willingness to accept challenges and ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment with competing client demands
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
Nice to have:
- Bilingual in French/English
- Previous work experience in civil law
What we offer:
- A variety of work projects and experiences
- Competitive compensation in terms of salary and bonus (commensurate with experience level)
- Flexible employee benefits plan that kicks in day one
- A modern, comfortable and respectful work environment
- A casual “dress for your day” dress code
- Permanent, full-time or flexible, part-time
Who we are:
Eckler is Canada’s largest independent actuarial consulting firm. Our purpose is to care and to do right by people so that together we can achieve a brighter, more secure future. Based in Canada and the Caribbean, we’re a team of committed and highly skilled professionals consulting in the areas of pension, retirement, financial wellness, investment, group benefits, insurance, change management and communication and technology consulting. Owned and operated by its active Principals, the company has earned a reputation for service continuity and high professional standards. Eckler is a founding member of Abelica Global – an international alliance of independent actuarial and consulting firms operating in over 20 countries.
At Eckler, we value diversity of all types. Our organization is made up of smart, collaborative and thoughtful people with a wide range of backgrounds, skills and experiences. We are committed to an inclusive, diverse and accessible workplace and encourage all interested applicants to submit a cover letter and resume for consideration. Persons with disabilities who need accommodation in the application process or those needing job postings in an alternative format may e-mail a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for the short list will be contacted.