We at Eckler Ltd., believe that fit is everything!
Do you have a passion for numbers and solving complex problems? Would you thrive working in a dynamic business environment that adheres to high standards of professionalism, integrity and client service? If you answered yes, then we may be the right fit for you!
We are looking for a Junior Actuarial Analyst to join our expert team of consultants in the Toronto Property & Casualty practice. The P&C team provides consulting services to the financial services industry specializing in general insurance (i.e. other than life and health insurance). The ideal candidate will have strong mathematical, communication and interpersonal skills. Proven experience with programming in
R and Python is considered a strong asset for this role.
Day-to-day tasks involve supporting our team of consultants and/or analysts on various assignments, including:
- Claims reserving;
- Stress testing.
This role is an integral part in our company’s fast-growing business. We offer employees a collaborative and dynamic working environment with a corporate culture focused on long-term retainment and opportunities for development.
If you are looking to expand your P&C knowledge and grow as an actuarial analyst, then we encourage you to apply!
Required Skills & Experience:
- University degree in Actuarial science, Statistics or a closely related field
- Experience working in P&C insurance would be beneficial but is not required
- Must have strong technical skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral
- Strong programming ability, especially in R and Python
- Well-organized, detail and results-oriented with the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and to work under tight deadlines
- A positive attitude combined with a great willingness to contribute to the success of Eckler Ltd
Eckler Ltd. is committed to an inclusive, diverse and accessible workplace and encourages all interested applicants to submit a cover letter and resume for consideration.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for the shortlist will be contacted.