At Eckler, we know it’s our people who make us great at what we do. We are looking for an innovative, results focused individual to work with our Information Technology team in the role of IT Support Specialist.
Reporting to the Director of Information Technology & Security, the IT Support Specialist’s primary responsibilities include monitoring of the IT Helpdesk as well as providing first level technical support services employees in Eckler’s 8 offices in Canada and the Caribbean. The successful candidate will be an integral part of the IT Team, ensuring delivery of excellent support to our internal clients.
The IT Support Specialist must strive to acquire a sound understanding of Eckler’s data network, installed applications and end-user expectations. The role ensures proper computer operation so that Eckler employees can accomplish business tasks with minimal disruption. This includes receiving, prioritizing, documenting, and actively resolving end user help requests. Problem resolution may involve the use of diagnostic and help request tracking tools, as well as require that the individual give in-person, hands-on help to end-users.
We are looking for a team player who can positively contribute to effective help desk support as well as build effective working relationships with key stakeholders across the Firm.
- Previous experience supporting users in a corporate environment
- Strong technology skills supporting Windows, Office 365 (Word, Teams, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Must be familiar with basic networking standards (TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, Active Directory services, etc.)
- Ability to troubleshoot printers/scanners/copiers, and engage third-party support resources when required
- Experience supporting Mac and mobile devices
- Experience installing/repairing/upgrading PC hardware and software
- Proficient in troubleshooting and resolving hardware and software problems
- Willingness to learn, install and support Actuarial and other custom applications
- Ability to use IT Support Request system to document, prioritize, and track requests
- Willingness to work flexible hours, including occasional evenings and weekends to meet challenging deadlines when required
- Excellent written and oral communications, planning, organizational, and people skills
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, time management and priority setting skills
- Minimum 5 years of professional information technology experience gained within an enterprise-level computing environment
- Professional certification is an asset (ITIL, MCP, MCSE, Microsoft Office Applications, Windows OS)
- A working knowledge of French is an asset
- Permanent, full-time
- On-call when needed
- Eckler Toronto or Montreal office
- Become a key part of Eckler’s Corporate Administration team
- Join a team that is obsessed with personal and professional growth
- Participate in a flexible health and benefits plan that kicks in on day one
- Competitive compensation and bonus (commensurate with experience level)
- Flexible work arrangements
At Eckler, we value diversity of all types. Our organization is made up of smart, collaborative and thoughtful people with a wide range of backgrounds, skills and experiences. We are committed to an inclusive, diverse and accessible workplace and encourages all interested applicants to submit a cover letter and resume for consideration. Persons with disabilities who need accommodation in the application process or those needing job postings in an alternative format may e-mail a request to email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for the short list will be contacted.