At Eckler Ltd, we believe that fit is everything!
Our growing investment practice is looking for a talented, hardworking Investment Analyst or Senior Investment Analyst to be based in our Halifax office, serving Eckler’s clients across the country. Qualifications and experience of candidates will be a key factor in determining the level for placement.
The consultants in our Halifax office advise a wide range of pension (defined benefit and defined contribution), endowment, and insurance clients. The team helps with all aspects of client investments, including investment policy development, asset liability modelling, portfolio structuring (including traditional and alternative assets), manager selection, monitoring, governance, and compliance. The analyst group is at the heart of the practice, contributing to investment strategy research and building customized reports and information required by our clients.
We are looking for an individual with strong interpersonal skills who can fit into a tightly knit team and can effectively deal with competing priorities in a busy consulting practice. If you are looking to hone in on your Investment Analyst skills – or take them to the next level – then this role may be the right fit for you!
Role and Responsibilities
- Prepare quarterly client performance reports
- Perform ad-hoc performance analysis
- Promote continuous improvement in processes and reporting, proactively identifying opportunities for enhancements
- Develop expertise in the asset management industry, specific asset managers, various asset classes, and manager assessment
- Modelling related to investment policy development and optimization of investment strategy
- Industry research and keeping up to date with industry developments
- Meet with investment management organizations to assess their skills and capabilities as well as the appropriateness of their investment strategies for client portfolios. Contribute to Eckler’s investment manager research team.
- Passion for investing and for helping Eckler’s clients make optimal investment decisions
What we offer
- A collaborative and engaging atmosphere
- Working with colleagues across Canada
- Good work/life balance
- Opportunities to help grow and evolve our practice
- Competitive total rewards package in terms of salary, bonus and benefits (commensurate with experience level)
- A collegial, comfortable work environment
- Dress for your day dress code
- Award-winning corporate culture
What you offer
- Undergraduate degree with finance, economics, investment or a math focus
- Financial industry experience preferred
- Completion or enrollment in the CFA program or similar preferred
- Good analytical abilities and Excel proficiency
- Looking to have fun!
What would get us super excited!
- Experience or qualifications in financial risk management or actuarial science
- Programming experience and/or a background in technology
- Ability to develop strong working relationships with both internal and external clients
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Enthusiastic contributor with strong collaboration skills
Our unique culture
The Investment practice has worked hard to build a cohesive, passionate and skilled team. We’re proud of the success we’ve achieved both individually and collectively — and we’re incredibly excited about the future.
Eckler Ltd. is committed to an inclusive, diverse and accessible workplace and encourages all interested applicants to submit a cover letter and resume for consideration.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for the shortlist will be contacted.