At Eckler, we know it’s our people who make us great at what we do. We are looking for an Infrastructure Manager to join our Toronto Information Technology team. As the Infrastructure Manager, you’ll be responsible for the overall management, leadership, and maintaining the effective and efficient operation of the Eckler technical infrastructure. This will include the implementation, maintenance and monitoring of on-premise and cloud-based server compute resources, network infrastructure and data protection. As a Manager, you’ll also be accountable for ensuring the evolution and delivery of efficient technology operations as well as overall cybersecurity posture for all infrastructure-related components.
- Lead the implementation of new on-premises and cloud-based technology and maintenance of existing technology
- Co-ordinate and oversee the research, analysis, recommendation and integration of evolving information technology strategies, and enhanced and proactive solutions to increase overall infrastructure and organizational effectiveness
- Collaborate with the Technology Team and with other stakeholders on projects and utilize formal tracking methodologies to manage, communicate and monitor the implementation of projects
- Assist the Director with strategy, forecasting, budgets, expenditures, and technology vendor management
- Document, maintain and monitor daily operations of infrastructure technology, analyzing work, developing standards, setting deadlines, and following up on execution
- Support applications and systems by meeting or exceeding standards and service levels while minimizing operational risk
- Ensure timely notification and escalation of possible issues/problems, root causes options, and recommendations for prompt resolution
- Monitor system life cycles, ensure specifications and functionality support business objectives and architecture requirements
- Disaster recovery and Business Continuity planning and execution (define, review, test)
- Minimum 5 years of professional information technology experience gained from within an enterprise level computing environment
- Degree or Diploma in Computer Science or related discipline, or equivalent experience
- Detailed experience with VMWare, VxRail, Dell server technologies, Blade servers, Storage arrays is an asset
- Detailed experience Microsoft Azure, Office 365 platform, Active Directory, and Cloud technologies is an asset
- Expert knowledge of Windows Server operating systems is an asset
- Experience with Linux
- Detailed knowledge of all network hardware and equipment, including firewalls (WatchGuard), switches (Aruba)
- Proficient at diagnosing hardware and software problems
- Previous production of technical documentation, including detailed network diagrams
- Research expertise on network products, services, protocols, and standards in support of network procurement and development efforts
- Experience with disaster recovery and business continuity management
- Experience supporting system issues, including making infrastructure upgrades and efficient handling with troubleshooting issues
- Experience handling geographically disparate sites, including IPVPN and branch office connectivity
- Ability to multitask
- Excellent written and oral communication, people skills, planning, organizational, and project management skills, with the ability to succeed in a fast-paced team environment
- Willingness to work flexible hours, including occasional evenings and weekends to meet deadlines when required
- Certifications in Microsoft, VMware, Cloud technologies, Cyber Security, etc.
At Eckler, we value diversity of all types. Our organization is made up of smart, collaborative and thoughtful people with a wide range of backgrounds, skills and experiences. We are committed to an inclusive, diverse and accessible workplace and encourages all interested applicants to submit a cover letter and resume for consideration. Persons with disabilities who need accommodation in the application process or those needing job postings in an alternative format may e-mail a request to email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for the short list will be contacted.