Do you love helping people reach their financial goals, but hate having to push products or meet sales targets? Our growing employee benefits practice is looking for a Financial Wellness Consultant who is passionate about financial planning and is an excellent educator. As a consulting firm, our sole focus is on supporting our clients, we do not sell financial products. The Financial Wellness Consultant will be based in our Toronto office, serving Eckler’s clients across the country.
For many Canadians, understanding and managing multiple financial assets and obligations is a complex and daunting task that can contribute to significant stress, impact work performance, and delay retirement. Providing employees with the information and confidence they need to make critical financial decisions helps them focus on the future, ease daily financial stress, and be more engaged in the workplace – that’s good for employees and their employers.
Leveraging established content and tools, the Financial Wellness Consultant will work with our clients to understand their workplace challenges, create and deliver financial wellness programs that address their needs and measure the program over time to ensure it evolves to meet identified outcomes. Our clients range from small employers and union groups of 200 members to some of the country’s largest organizations with employees across the country.
- Listening to clients, identifying their needs, and designing financial wellness programs
- Working with our communications practice on branding and design of program content
- Facilitate learning through the delivery of client-specific curriculum including workshops, webinars and one-on-one meetings
- Create educational content and write articles for delivery to employees
- Measurement and reporting of financial wellness programs’ outcomes
- Lead client relationships
- Participate in business development through responding to RFPs and presenting at shortlists
- Attend industry events to represent Eckler, network and continue your learning
- Create thought leadership pieces for industry
- Mentor and train junior staff
- Collaborate with colleagues in the creation and delivery of services
- Support the growth of the financial wellbeing business
What we offer
- The opportunity to help grow and evolve our practice
- A positive, supportive and collaborative environment
- Variety in your day from the creation of content and materials, to client management to industry participation
- A strong focus on education and further development of skills and knowledge
- Competitive compensation in terms of salary and bonus (commensurate with experience level)
- Employee benefits (health, dental, wellness subsidy) and a pension plan
- A modern, comfortable work environment with a “dress for your day” dress code
- Working with colleagues across Canada
What you offer
- Undergraduate degree in business or education
- Minimum of CFP designation
- Bilingual in English/French
- Minimum of 5 years of facilitation experience
- Minimum of 10 years of financial planning experience
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
- Independent worker who takes initiative
- Proven project management experience
- Strong organization and time-management skills
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with colleagues
- Superior client service: skills, attitude and commitment
What would get us super excited!
- Adult education training
- Curriculum development experience
- Tax and or insurance background
- Solid understanding of employee benefits including pension plans and health benefits
Other important information
- May be required to work outside of “regular” working hours to accommodate clients’ schedules
- Must have a vehicle and be willing to travel across Canada
Eckler Ltd. is committed to an inclusive, diverse and accessible workplace and encourages all interested applicants to submit a cover letter and resume for consideration.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for the shortlist will be contacted.