Our growing investment practice is looking for a talented, hardworking analyst to be based in our Toronto office, serving Eckler’s clients across the country.
Our financial risk modelling consultants advise a wide range of pension (defined benefit and defined contribution) and endowment, and insurance clients. The team has a primary focus on asset liability modelling, but also helps with other aspects plan management including funding and investment policy development. The team also manages the development of internal models including capital market assumptions and tools for the development of pension valuation assumptions.
We are looking for an individual with a strong actuarial background and investment knowledge. The ideal candidate has strong interpersonal skills, is a self-starter, can fit into a tightly knit team and can effectively deal with competing priorities in a busy consulting practice. The candidate may also be expected to support pension actuarial projects including the development and review of actuarial valuation reports. The role will primarily be based in Toronto, but will involve close collaboration with, and possible travel to, offices in Vancouver, Winnipeg and Halifax.
Role and Responsibilities
- Modelling related to investment policy development and optimization of investment strategy for pension and benefit plans
- Review/draft reports and other client communications and presentations
- Assist with the development and implementation of project work plans, timelines and budgets to ensure client satisfaction
- Promote continuous improvement in processes and reporting, proactively identifying opportunities for enhancements
- Industry research and keeping up to date with industry developments
- Anticipates client issues, needs or concerns and proactively develops solutions to meet those needs;
- Develop expertise in the asset management industry, specific asset managers, various asset classes, and manager assessment;
- Passion for investing and for helping Eckler’s clients make optimal investment decisions;
- Undergraduate degree with actuarial science, investment or finance focus
- Pension actuarial industry experience strongly preferred
- Enrollment in the SOA, CFA program or similar preferred
- Good analytical abilities and Excel proficiency
- Experience or qualifications in financial risk management or actuarial science
- Programming experience and/or a background in technology
- Ability to develop strong working relationships with both internal and external clients
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Enthusiastic contributor with strong collaboration skills
Our unique culture
The Financial Risk Modelling practice has worked hard to build a cohesive, passionate and skilled team. We’re proud of the success we’ve achieved both individually and collectively — and we’re incredibly excited about the future.
We encourage interested applicants to submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Eckler Ltd. is committed to an inclusive, diverse and accessible workplace and encourages all interested applicants to submit a cover letter and resume for consideration.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for the shortlist will be contacted.