Our Property and Casualty practice is seeking to add a talented P&C Consulting Actuary to join our dedicated team of consultants. At Eckler, we know it’s our people that make us great at what we do. We’re a team of actuaries and consultants who work together to deliver on our promise to consistently render unbiased, highly ethical, expert and timely advice to our clients.
With a multi-generational workforce, we value the contributions that people from all ages and walks of life bring to Eckler. People like working here so much that more than half of our senior leaders have spent all or most of their careers at Eckler – especially in our P&C practice!
If you are ready to take your career to the next level or explore other opportunities, we would love to hear from you.
Responsibilities and duties:
- Manage client relationships
- Assume the duties of an Appointed Actuary with the assistance of a strong support team
- Participate in or lead pricing projects
- Provide capital modelling support
- Assist insurers with the transition to an IFRS-17 financial reporting environment
- Identify and provide strategic level advice to clients’ senior management
- Assist in or lead special projects as they arise
- Mentor junior staff and review their work
- Fellow of the Canadian Institute of Actuaries (FCIA) and Fellow of the Casualty Actuarial Society (FCAS)
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in P&C insurance
- Proven experience to act as an Appointed Actuary in the P&C field
- Strong communication skills and high level of written and spoken English
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritize tasks and direct staff effectively
- Desire to join a close-knit team and contribute to the success of the firm
- Experience in working with audit committees and senior management of insurance companies
- Familiarity with programming languages R and Python
- Bilingual in French/English
We’re fiercely independent and entrepreneurial. As a firm that is owned and operated by principals actively consulting in the business, we are not encumbered by a distant parent company. We are free to run our business in a manner that puts the needs of our clients and employees first. We foster an agile environment that encourages innovative thinking to develop creative solutions to solve our clients’ most complex problems.
Eckler Ltd. is committed to an inclusive, diverse and accessible workplace and encourages all interested applicants to submit a cover letter and resume for consideration.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for the shortlist will be contacted.