At Eckler Ltd., we believe that fit is everything!
Our vibrant life insurance practice operates countrywide to deliver customized solutions. Our clients include most of Canada’s top life insurance companies, reinsurers, and other financial institutions such as banks, trusts, and credit unions. We also support governments, government agencies, insurance regulators, auditors, and other supranational banking and public policy agencies.
We are looking for an innovative and results-oriented Consulting Actuary to join our life insurance practice. We need someone who is highly motivated, has solid actuarial skills, can juggle multiple tasks, and understands the importance of deadlines. Above all, we need someone who is passionate about delivering quality customer service. You would provide actuarial services on projects as diverse as financial reporting, valuation, pricing, capital management, risk management and investment management. You would work as part of a team to deliver the best results for our clients.
- Provide actuarial consulting services to a wide variety of life insurance clients;
- Work effectively as part of a team to deliver major actuarial projects to clients;
- Anticipate client issues, needs or concerns and proactively develop solutions to meet those needs;
- Manage client relationships for small to midsized accounts;
- Effectively present actuarial findings orally or in written report format to clients or colleagues,
- Participate in new business development opportunities within the practice and be an active contributor to the insurance industry and actuarial profession;
- Supervise, mentor and coach junior staff.
What we offer
- A collaborative and engaging atmosphere
- Working with colleagues across Canada
- Opportunities to help grow and evolve our practices
- Competitive total rewards package in terms of salary, bonus, and benefits (commensurate with experience level)
- A collegial, comfortable work environment with a “dress for your day” dress code
- A modern new office conveniently located on the Yonge subway line
- Award-winning corporate culture
What you offer
- University degree in Mathematics, Actuarial science
- Completion of FCIA;
- Minimum of five to ten years of progressive experience in the Canadian life insurance industry or in a role consulting to the Canadian life insurance industry
- Knowledge of major Canadian insurance industry products including life insurance (whole, permanent, term life, universal life), group health and disability, annuities and GICs, segregated funds
- Deep product expertise in one or more of the above products
- Experience as an AXIS user for actuarial valuation and financial modeling
- Experienced Excel user
- Extensive experience in actuarial valuation and financial reporting
- Some experience in product development and pricing would be an asset
- Excellent client relationship skills; interest and an aptitude for probing client needs and expectations of an actuarial nature
- Superior communication skills, both written and oral
- Highly motivated, client service and team-oriented individual
- Detail and results-oriented; able to balance multiple priorities and work under tight deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills, a positive attitude combined with a great willingness to contribute to the success of Eckler Ltd
Eckler Ltd.is committed to an inclusive, diverse and accessible workplace and encourages all interested applicants to submit a cover letter and resume for consideration.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for the shortlist will be contacted.