The only substitute for experience is talent. If you’ve got it, we want it. If you’ve got both, step right up!
For many years, Eckler’s Communication team has worked hard to build their reputation as a trusted, passionate and highly creative team. We’re proud of the success we’ve achieved – and we’re excited about the future.
We’re looking for a dynamic Associate Creative Director to help our leading team of consultants, designers, writers and marketing professionals develop creative communication solutions – encompassing Pensions, Benefits and Total Rewards – for some of Canada’s leading brands and professional organizations.
The Associate Creative Director will report to the Creative Director and will work collaboratively with all members of the Communication team. You will play an essential role in daily operations, while contributing design and creative expertise to the development of exceptional materials across a wide range of media. With the ability to take projects from concept to completion, the Associate Director will help inform, educate, inspire and build engagement.
- Creative/strategic designer, including brand development experience
- A mentor and team partner, collaborating with the team to bring the best creative possible to our clients
- Design and development of internal and member communications for our clients’ employees
- Own recurring deliverables (quarterly emails, bulletins, reports, etc.) to ensure they remain contemporary, engaging and creative
- Responsible for day-to-day operations: workflow planning and coordinating projects for our design team and design partners to ensure that everything runs smoothy on a daily basis
- Ensure deadlines are met in coordination with the Communication Coordinator and Senior Consultants, creating a high-functioning team that can easily delivery on our clients’ asks
- Capability to multi-task, and prioritize work and resources across engagements, based on short and long-term needs for yourself, and for the design team
- Responsibility for the Project Brief, understanding the scope of the project, the design needs and associated timelines so that you can effectively resource the project
- Ensuring design files are organized, archived, and appropriately saved
- Part of the Quality Assurance process, ensuring all standards of accuracy are met
- Responsible for ensuring the team remains up to date on design trends, and the newest technology and industry standards
What we’re looking for
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in graphic/multimedia design
- 10 + years of professional graphic design experience
- A superior portfolio, ideally built through direct client experience
- Strong working knowledge of interactive design, user experience design, brand development and the creative process
- Commanding knowledge of Adobe Creative suite
- WordPress experience (both template setup and content design)
- Extremely proficient knowledge of the Microsoft suite of products (yes, sometimes design needs to happen in Word, PowerPoint and occasionally Excel!)
- Excellent understanding of typography, concept design, wireframing and communicating ideas through imagery
- Solid understanding of print production outputs, colour management and print house procedures
What we’d like to see
- A creative spark and intellectual curiosity
- Extreme attention to detail within your own work and as you work collaboratively with others
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment guiding the design team
- Effective problem solving skills
- Clear, concise explanation of design ideas and proposed visual direction
- Ability to apply existing brand standards to new materials
- Maintain focus while working on multiple client projects and
- Successfully communicate and navigate when competing priorities arise
Other helpful (but not required) assets
- Basic knowledge/understanding of pensions and benefits
- Bilingual (English / French)
- Animation skills, 2d vector (After Effects and Premiere)
At Eckler, we value diversity of all types. Our organization is made up of smart, collaborative and thoughtful people with a wide range of backgrounds, skills and experiences. We are committed to an inclusive, diverse and accessible workplace and encourages all interested applicants to submit a cover letter and resume for consideration. Persons with disabilities who need accommodation in the application process or those needing job postings in an alternative format may e-mail a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for the short list will be contacted.