At Eckler Ltd., we believe that fit is everything!
We are looking for an enthusiastic and hardworking Actuarial Student to join our life insurance consulting team. We need a self-starter who is eager to roll-up their sleeves to get the job done. This is an exciting opportunity to learn more about the consulting world and to gain valuable industry experience while working in our life insurance practice area. You would provide actuarial support on projects as diverse as life insurance financial reporting, pricing, valuation, and capital management. You would work as part of a team to achieve the best results for our clients.
If you are ready to take your actuarial skills to the next level, then this may be the right fit for you!
- Be responsible for providing actuarial analytical support to a wide variety of life insurance clients
- Welcome the opportunity for work of an international nature
- Work effectively as part of a team to deliver major actuarial projects to clients
- Identify client issues, needs or concerns and proactively develop solutions to meet those needs
- Effectively present actuarial findings orally or in written report format to clients or colleagues
- Have a positive attitude and a desire to contribute to the overall success of our enterprise
What we offer
- A collaborative and engaging atmosphere
- Working with colleagues across Canada
- Competitive total rewards package in terms of salary, bonus, and benefits (commensurate with experience level)
- A generous actuarial study program
- A collegial, comfortable work environment with a “dress for your day” dress code
- A modern new office conveniently located on the Yonge subway line
- Award-winning corporate culture
What you offer
- University degree in Mathematics, Actuarial science
- Actively pursuing ACIA/FCIA (ASA/FSA) designation
- Familiarity with major life insurance industry products including life insurance (whole, permanent, term life, universal life), group health and disability, long-term care, fixed and variable annuities and segregated funds
- Familiarity with the use of GGY-AXIS software for actuarial valuation and financial modeling
- Experienced user of MS Excel and Access, including VBA macros functionality
- Experience in actuarial valuation, financial reporting and/or product development and pricing
- Excellent interpersonal skills, an ability to work effectively with other team members to meet client needs
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Highly motivated, client service and team-oriented individual
- Detail and results-oriented; able to balance multiple priorities and work under tight deadlines
- Previous experience in the life insurance or consulting industry would be an asset
Eckler Ltd.is committed to an inclusive, diverse and accessible workplace and encourages all interested applicants to submit a cover letter and resume for consideration.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for the shortlist will be contacted.