We are looking for a junior actuarial analyst to join our team of consultants in the Property & Casualty practice. The P&C team provides consulting services to the financial services industry specializing in general insurance (i.e. other than life and health insurance). This role provides the analyst the opportunity to gain experience by assisting on a wide variety of projects in a collaborative and dynamic working environment.
Day-to-day tasks involve supporting our team of consultants and/or analysts on various assignments, including:
- Analysis of policy liabilities of insurance companies
- Analysis of financial condition of insurers
- Ratemaking of diverse insurance products
- University degree in actuarial science, mathematics or statistics
- Experience working in P&C insurance is an asset
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel is a must
- Strong technical and analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral
- Working knowledge of programing languages (Python, R) is an asset
- Effective organizational and time management skills
- A positive attitude combined with a great willingness to contribute to the success of Eckler Ltd.
Eckler Ltd.is committed to an inclusive, diverse and accessible workplace and encourages all interested applicants to submit a cover letter and resume for consideration. Persons with disabilities who need accommodation in the application process or those needing job postings in an alternative format may e-mail a request to email@example.com . We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for the short list will be contacted.
Type: Contract or full-time opportunity
Start Date: December 2021