At Eckler, we know it’s our people that make us great at what we do. We are looking to recruit an experienced Actuarial Analyst (Pension) to join our dedicated team of actuaries and consultants. We need someone with superb communication and interpersonal skills, who is highly motivated, has a fine eye for detail, and can juggle multiple tasks and deliverables.
A typical day-in-the life of an Actuarial Analyst in our pension practice involves performing data activities, actuarial analysis, and calculations for a variety of clients to support the valuation process and ensure compliance with plan and government requirements. As an experienced analyst, you will also be providing guidance, oversight, and reviewing the work of junior team. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with some of the best in the industry to deliver customized solutions to Eckler’s growing client base across Canada, which includes a wide array of plans ranging from traditional single employer pension plans (SEPPs) to multi-employer pension plans (MEPPs)
If you are looking to take your actuarial career to the next level, then this may be the right role for you!
- Interpret plan documents and administrative policies
- Examine and verify trust financial statements
- Program and develop liabilities using actuarial principles and valuation technology and processes for a variety of valuation types (going concern, solvency, windup, accounting, conversions, projections) and a variety of funding methods, prepare gain and loss analysis and test cases
- Value employer benefits liabilities (including US GAAP and IAS19 accounting liabilities) under various plan design scenarios and for special costings
- Collect and analyze plan experience data for experience studies and input into assumption development
- Use proprietary technology to determine employer contributions, accounting expense and disclosures, and draft reports for review by other team members
- Develop routine client correspondence
- Complete commuted value calculations, produce employee benefit statements and file annual government reports and forms
- Maintain communication with clients regarding data; liaise with financial institutions to resolve fund related queries; respond to queries from internal clients with respect to data, benefit calculations, administration functions, and valuation issues
- Oversee the activities of administrators, and provide them with technical guidance and peer review
- Provide guidance to, and review the work of, junior actuarial analysts
- Adhere to established quality processes and standards
What we offer:
- Collaborative and engaging atmosphere
- Working with colleagues across Canada and across multiple practice areas
- Opportunities to help grow and evolve our practices
- Competitive total rewards package in terms of salary, bonus and benefits (commensurate with experience level)
- Generous actuarial study program
What you offer:
- 2-5 years of relevant actuarial experience
- Minimum 5 SOA professional exams
- Superior analytical skills and expert proficiency in Microsoft Excel combined with a strong knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and database management
- Demonstrated ability to follow established standards/procedures
- Ability to work in a team environment while managing multiple priorities
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strong verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Commitment to superior client satisfaction
At Eckler, we value diversity of all types. Our organization is made up of smart, collaborative and thoughtful people with a wide range of backgrounds, skills and experiences. We are committed to an inclusive, diverse and accessible workplace and encourage all interested applicants to submit a cover letter and resume for consideration. Persons with disabilities who need accommodation in the application process or those needing job postings in an alternative format may e-mail a request to email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for the short list will be contacted.