At Eckler, we know it’s our people that make us great at what we do. We are looking for a motivated and hardworking Actuarial Analyst to join our Toronto life insurance consulting team. We need a self-starter who is eager to roll-up their sleeves to get the job done. This is an exciting opportunity to learn more about the consulting world and to gain valuable industry experience.
The Actuarial Analyst will provide actuarial support on projects as diverse as life insurance financial reporting, pricing, valuation, and capital management.
If you are ready to take your actuarial skills to the next level, then this may be the role for you!
- Provide actuarial analytical support to a wide variety of life insurance clients;
- Work effectively as part of a team to deliver major actuarial projects to clients;
- Identify client issues, needs or concerns and proactively develop solutions to meet those needs;
- Effectively present actuarial findings orally or in written report format to clients or colleagues; and
- Have a positive attitude and a desire to contribute to the overall success of our enterprise.
What we offer:
- Working with colleagues across Canada
- Competitive total rewards package in terms of salary and bonus (commensurate with experience level)
- Flexible employee benefits plan that kicks in on day one
- Generous actuarial study program
- Collegial, comfortable work environment
What you offer:
- University degree in Mathematics or Actuarial science;
- Actively pursuing ACIA/FCIA (ASA/FSA) designation;
- Familiarity with major life insurance industry products;
- Familiarity with the use of GGY-AXIS software for actuarial valuation and financial modeling;
- Experienced user of MS Excel and Access, including VBA macros functionality;
- Experience in actuarial valuation, financial reporting and/or product development and pricing;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, an ability to work effectively with other team members to meet client needs;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral; and
- Detail and results-oriented; able to balance multiple priorities and work under tight deadlines.
Eckler Ltd. is committed to an inclusive, diverse and accessible workplace and encourages all interested applicants to submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com for consideration. Persons with disabilities who need accommodation in the application process of those needing job posting in an alternative formal may e-mail a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for the short list will be contacted.