Dear Friends and Clients,
Given the elevated concern about the COVID-19 virus and efforts to contain it, we want to provide you a brief overview of what we are doing to maintain a work environment safe for our employees, clients and other stakeholders. Eckler’s corporate purpose to care for and do right by people has never felt more relevant. We want to assure you that we have made significant investments in technology and business continuity planning over the past several years, and we are well-equipped to work during potential interruptions to our personnel or premises. Our senior leadership team is involved in reviewing and revising our plans on an ongoing basis.
As of March 13, 2020, we have:
- Asked all staff in Canada to work from home for the duration of the current situation.
- Cancelled all business travel and non-essential in-person meetings. We have deployed tools and training to assist staff with holding meaningful virtual meetings.
- Required staff to make themselves aware of, and comply with, any COVID-19 related policies or procedures of clients they work with.
- Heightened cleaning and personal hygiene procedures at all offices for staff that are required to enter them.
- Required employees who are ill, believe they have been exposed to COVID-19 or live with someone that has been exposed to the virus to notify us and to self-quarantine for a minimum of 14 days.
- Worked with our property managers to confirm our buildings have implemented all necessary procedures and are communicating effectively with us on any changes or potential issues.
As of March 23, 2020, all staff in Barbados and Jamaica will also work from home for the duration of the current situation.
Eckler’s Risk Management Committee is responsible for business continuity planning and implementation in each functional area of our business. Our Business Continuity Plan is regularly updated and tested and is designed to ensure that in an emergency we can quickly secure our people and premises, as well as continue to serve our clients with minimal disruption. Our plans and preparedness activities are built with redundancy in mind, with our actions aligned to the level of threat and potential impact to each geography.
Eckler is committed to the continuity of our business, including partnering with our clients to support the health and well-being of the communities in which we operate throughout this period of increased concern. If you have any questions or if we may offer support, please reach out to your Eckler consultant or to me directly.
On behalf of Eckler, thank you for your support.
Jill M. Wagman