Latest research from Eckler
Pension Risk Transfer Report – May 2020
Welcome to the third edition of Eckler’s Canadian Pension Risk Transfer (PRT) Report. This year’s report includes special commentary on the impact of COVID-19, observations gained from our expertise in risk transfer consulting and key insights gathered from our discussions with insurers active in the Canadian PRT market.
In this report:
- 2019 market overview: A record year for the Canadian PRT market
- PRT market trends: Lessons from the US and UK
- COVID-19: The impact on the PRT market
- Managing the message: Whether for the general public or their plan members, plan sponsors will want to craft clear and honest messages that demonstrate good governance and reassure plan members that the pension promise is secure
- Measuring longevity better: An overview of the
MI-2017 mortality improvement
To keep you up to date on the PRT market players and help you make sense of the PRT terminology, we have also included:
- Insurer fact sheets: Quick reference guide to the insurers currently active in the Canadian PRT market
- PRT glossary: Definitions of key terms
For the first time, we’ve included a list of select historical large and “jumbo” annuity purchases and longevity transactions, as a handy reference guide.
Wherever you are on the de-risking journey, Eckler’s 2020 Canadian PRT Report provides the information and critical insights you need to make informed decisions along the way.